Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Dance recital

This weekend I went to see Lindsay’s dance recital at Easton, but before I tell you about how that went I want to tell you a little bit about Lindsay. She is my very best friend we have been ever since I can remember. We are neighbors and she has lived behind me my whole life. We grew up together so it’s pretty safe to say that she is my other half. We can finish each others sentences and basically read each others minds. We are so much alike that sometimes I think we are long lost sisters. I can come to her with anything and she always knows how to make me feel better. She brings out the best in me and we can barely go a day with out seeing each other. She is also a phenomenal dancer, which brings me back to what I was supposed to be talking about, Lindsay’s dance recital… There was a stage set up on the patio behind Brio and the Pinnell Dance Centre put on a show for everyone who wanted to see. You had to bring your own chair but it was free. There were about twenty different dances and Lindsay was in five of them. She does ballet which is for teaching proper technique. She did a gothic ballet which was different than anything I’ve ever seen before. She hates ballet but it is required in order to take other classes. She also does lyrical which is a style of dance that is meant to tell a story. Hers was about bringing home the troops. The music was very sad a powerful and they used yellow ribbons and wore army jackets as props. Lyrical is her favorite. She also does jazz. Her song was I took the night it is a fun up-beat song set in a dance club they did a dance battle and it was very funny. Linds is also in senior production jazz, a small elite group of dancers put together for competitions. The song for this group was a mix of its raining men and they danced with umbrellas. It was very impressive and they did a lot of difficult turns and flexibility stunts. Lastly Lindsay did hip-hop which is a new and upcoming style of dance including popping crumping and break dancing. This one was my favorite. After the show we went and ate at Chipotle went summer shopping at the mall and had a sleepover.

No comments:

Post a Comment