Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Cheer

Everyday this week I had cheer clinics, they were from 7:30 until 10:00 which completely threw off my entire process of after school. You see, I have been out of season for about two months and I have grown very accustomed to being lazy. Usually I stay up late talking on the phone or chatting on facebook and then wake up for school complain about being tired and come home to take a nice long nap and then I will squeeze in homework a shower and dinner then pass back out for bedtime. It doesn’t sound like much fun but I promise its great. I love sleep if you couldn’t tell. Anyways, cheer clinics completely wore me out, I would come home from school and take a nap as always I would eat dinner and then go to clinics however when I got home at ten oclock I would have a lot of homework to do and I would have to stay up extremely late doing it, speaking of which I don’t understand why the teachers pack in so much homework right before summer. (Sorry Im always getting off topic but it needed to be said) Cheer clinics not only left no time for homework but also made it hard to focus in class for a few reasons. First I was tired and in a permanent zone mode and second the only thing that was running through my head were the cheer the chant and the dance over and over. But the worst part of all was that I WAS SO SOREEEE! I haven’t stayed in shape while I was out of season because I was too bust being lazy like I said earlier but boy did I regret it. We had to hold our middle splits for five minutes and do about 80 jumps and that was just warm ups. I could barely walk all week. But thankfully all of my hard work paid off and I made the team. I cant wait for another season on cheering on the lions. Maybe next time ill stay in shape over my off season… or maybe not (:

No comments:

Post a Comment